SIS-TECH uses a structured, comprehensive approach to writing proof test procedures for safety controls, safety alarms, interlocks and SIS. Our proof test procedures are written by people who actually do proof tests for a living, so they know what the tester needs to know in order to do the test efficiently. Our clients have told us repeatedly that our procedures significantly reduce test time. Our detailed procedures do not slow things down; they eliminate confusion and ensure consistent high quality testing.
- Hazards prevented by the equipment or function under test
- Safety function description
- I/O list
- Trip Values
- Required personnel and test equipment
- Execution steps with step check-off
- Expected documentation and reporting
- Test results and signature sign-off
Advantages of Proof Test Procedures:
- Modularized so each device can be tested individually, as a loop, or a system.
- Provides step-by-step instructions from a field perspective so that the test is done the same way consistently.
- Reviewed through internal quality assurance process to verify clarity and comprehensiveness.
- Sufficiently detailed to tell everyone what they need to do, whether at the board, control room, rack room or in the field.
- Communicates what the tester needs to do to execute the test efficiently, including what to look for, what to expect, what to record and when to report.