SIS-TECH’s goal in creating SIL Solver® Enterprise was to expand our existing SIL Solver® tool’s functionality by leveraging the latest in software development tools and platforms. SIL Solver® Enterprise is a client-server tool that runs in a web browser. This greatly simplifies deployment of upgrades and the addition of new users, while minimizing the IT support requirements.
SIL Solver® integrates an extensive device database with simplified fault tree analysis equations to provide you with an SIL Verification tool that delivers significant cost and time savings. When you use SIL Solver® for the first time, you will be surprised by how simple it is to enter and review data and how quickly you can model a safety function using the graphical user interface. In addition to calculating the probability to fail on demand average (PFDavg), the mean time to failure spurious (MTTFSP) is also calculated, ensuring that you are designing a system that not only meets your target SIL, but also your reliability goals.
- SIL Solver® Enterprise operates on your web-server (Windows SQL 2016).
- Your designated administrator defines who has user access to SIL Solver® Enterprise
- User draws an architectural diagram to create model
- Models complex subsystems of diverse devices, sensor and relay combinations, and multi-variable measurements (e.g., pressure/temp. compensated flow)
- Adjustable proof test coverage, including user selection of the overhaul interval
- Adjustable beta factor for common cause modeling
- Expanded database includes conventional and innovative technologies used in safety applications
- Database upgraded based on new data sources and the latest published data
- Device datasheets are segregated into topic areas, such as configuration, maintenance, properties and notes
- Imports existing SIL Solver ® Enterprise projects created in older versions and automatically creates the architectural diagram
- Imports pre-existing user data from old SIL Solver® Enterprise into separate data environment for improved data management