Indiss Plus® Dynamic Simulation Improves Safety
Houston, TX – SIS-TECH Solutions, LP announces partnership with CORYS Inc to use Indiss Plus® dynamic simulation platform-based services.
Indiss Plus® Platform is used to design dynamic simulation models, train the process operators, support the commissioning, start-up, and real-time support throughout the lifecycle of an operation.
The Indiss Plus® Platform can be used to improve productivity and resolve transient issues that cause process upsets. From a safety perspective, the simulation provides a stronger rationale for selecting the trigger levels for alarms, interlocks, and SIS, for identifying the critical event data for troubleshooting, and for improving operator response to abnormal operating conditions.
- Control System Reliability – Test control logic, improved reliability, and process uptime
- Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) – Intuitive HMI, improved situational awareness, and usability
- Alarm Rationalization / Management – Optimized alarm variables and priority
- Operator Training – Effective training with safety perspective, faster troubleshooting, more rapid return to normal
- Safety System Reliability and Effectiveness – Test safety logic, verified actions, response time, reduced on-site testing requirements
Enhance operational reliability by using dynamic simulation throughout the safety lifecycle:
- As a project progresses, the simulation model fidelity can progress to support testing of Independent Protection Layer (IPL) functions, HMI design, operator training to control strategies, and testing process response.
- During engineering, dynamic simulation allows a means for validating the available response time for various alarm set points. And, evaluating acknowledgment delay and operator response for transient and non-steady state conditions.
- When parallel events occur, dynamic simulation allows understanding of alarm prioritization. Optimizing alarm sequencing for various transient conditions in a virtual environment, minimizes potential for collateral alarm events.
- Supporting start-up activities, dynamic simulation can validate operator response time in the control system environment. Operators experience a real feel of the process response through trial and error in a virtual plant.