Time: 8:30am to 3:30pm
Process Safety, Process Engineering, Operations, and Instrumentation and Electrical
The SIL Solver course is a one-day course concerning the use of SIL Solver to perform verification of the safety integrity level of safety instrumented functions. The course participants will gain an understanding of the following:
- How to define of a safety instrumented function.
- How SIL Solver executes the calculation.
- How to navigate in SIL Solver.
- Where the SIL Solver data comes from.
- How to build your own data sheets.
- How to backup your data sheets.
- How basic safety instrumented function are modeled using SIL Solver.
- How complex safety instrumented functions are modeled using SIL Solver.
- How changes to the safety instrumented function design, operation, and maintenance affect the target SIL, reliability, and maintainability.
These objectives are reinforced through workshop examples of SIL verification. Since this is a hands-on course, participants should bring a lap top computer with an authorized version of SIL Solver.