The Diamond SIS® is designed as a low-cost, stand-alone, non-PE logic solver for process industry applications.
- The Diamond SIS® is SIL 3 Compliant to IEC 61508. Rated for -30C to +75C, it can be installed even under the harshest conditions near the equipment under control, reducing implementation costs.
- The Diamond SIS® receives an analog or digital process signal. Two field-adjustable set points allow shutdown to be executed for high and low process signals. Serial or hardwired communications are used to remotely display process variables and system alarms.
- With its 5 Amp output rating, the Diamond SIS® can de-energize multiple final elements, including motor control circuits and/or solenoid operated valves.
- System power for the Diamond SIS® is 24VDC, 110VAC, and 240VAC and is provided with redundant power supplies and/or UPS.
- IEC 61508 SIL 3 Compliant
- High reliability
- Proven technology
- Rugged design
- Field mountable
- On-line testable & repairable
- Remote process variable & system status monitoring
- Signal communication to control systems
- No programming
- Low installed cost alternative to a Safety PLC
- ENGINEERING/DOCUMENTATION OPTIONS
Safety requirements specification, SIL Verification and Proof Test Procedures.
Each Diamond SIS® consists of the following elements:
- Power Supply
- Current loop receiver (I/U converter, differential or single ended input)
- High/Low comparator
- Trip delay timer
- Turn-on delay timer
- Trip relay
The power supply uses the +24V field supply to generate the ±15V.
CURRENT LOOP RECEIVER
The high precision, low compliance voltage current loop receiver converts a differential or single ended sensor current input (4-20 mA) into an equivalent voltage level. It also provides an external voltage reference for the comparators so that any shift in reference voltage will be ratiometric and will not influence the trip thresholds.
An adjustable preset threshold for HI or LO. Threshold voltage adjustment via a high precision 10-turn pot.
TRIP DELAY CIRCUIT
Delays the actuation of the output relay by an adjustable time (0.2 – 3 seconds). Delay time is adjusted via a high precision 10-turn potentiometer.
Provides 4PDT contacts as outputs.
Supply Power: User specified, 24VDC/110VAC/240VAC
Input: 4-20 mA DC or discreet (dry contact)
Output: 5 Amp resistive dry contact
Accuracy: 1% of span
Temperature: -40 to +80oC Storage / -30 to +75oC Operating
Environment: All internal components rated Class I Div II Groups A/B/C/D
Enclosure: NEMA 4X – choice of materials.